Sunday, April 14, 2013

TheBalm Instain Blush in "Lace": Review and Swatch

Instain from theBalm is a new line of blushes that claim to be "long wearing" and "staining". "Lace" is described as a bright pink. This cost $22 USD, to see swatches and the review, click.......
Bright pink is right! This color is freaking crazy! In the pan, it is literally a matte, retina-burning bright Barbie pink. I would say this is like the blush compliment of the famous "Candy Yum Yum" lipstick from MAC. I am surprised they don't have Barbie on the packaging, hehe.
And of course, the actual color swatched did not disappoint, it is pigmented and smooth. It is more of a cool pink than a warm one. I have yet to try this on my cheeks and to be honest, I am quite scared. But I think if I only apply very very little, this could work.
"Lace", no surprise, does stain, the finger I used to swatch this product remained pink after numerous aggressive rubs with a makeup wipe. But in my opinion, unless you apply a lot of this, the staining effect shouldn't be that noticeable.
Light swatch applied with blush brush.

For reviews of the other shades:

So, yay or nay? Is this one a bit too much?
Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li