Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 1: "The Story of My Life In 250 Words or Less"

Hey y'all, I just want to give you guys a prelude before jumping into my life story told under 250 words. I decided to take part in Jenni from "Story of My Life"'s Blog Every Day In May Challenge. I heard about it from the lovely Tara from "The Word For Love Is", who will also be doing the challenge. Here is the prompt for day one, to see the rest, click here:

Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)


I know our blog is mainly a makeup/nails blog, but I also want to use it as medium where I can document my thoughts and stuff that goes on in my life, because it's fun and god knows I don't have the perseverance to keep an actual journal. Anyhow, I really encourage all of you who frequent our blog to join in as well because I would love to learn more about you!


Day 1: The Story of My Life In 250 Words or Less
I was born in mainland China. My parents say that I was a very shy but independent baby who didn’t cry much. I had a best friend growing up and we lived in the same apartment building; we had a hobby of going to department stores and collecting fashion catalogs, weird I know.
Here is a cute picture of me (left) and my childhood best friend
when we were little.
I was very close to my grandmother, I remember she taught me how to jump rope. Unfortunately she passed away of cancer when I was ten, and in that same year my parents and I immigrated to Vancouver. 
When I first moved to Canada, I had the hardest time fitting in; my classmates made fun of me because I was an immigrant and didn’t speak English; one boy in particular teased me mercilessly about my appearance. Because of that, I have a pretty negative body image even today. Whenever I pass a group of teens standing around laughing, I subconsciously have this fear that they are laughing at me.
Fortunately, I found solace and a bit of confidence in arts and crafts. I loved art class in high school; I would spend countless lunch hours working on my paintings. I considered going to art school but I didn’t feel like it would lead to a secure career so I decided to study biology. I can’t say whether or not I am glad with the decision I made but I guess only time will tell. There you go, a very brief story of my life, I feel like I have so much more to share!


Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed that tidbit and hopefully it wasn't too depressing, haha. :p
The prompt for tomorrow is:

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)

Hmmm, don't know what I will do with that, but we will see!
Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li