Friday, July 12, 2013

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24Hr Eyeshadow in "Edgy Emerald": Review and Swatches


A while back Lulubelle from Bon Vivant Beauty was doing a lot of posts on her extensive Color Tattoo Collection and so every time I go to the drug store, I am tempted to clear out the Color Tattoo display. Fortunately, these guys were on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for $4.99 so I took the opportunity and picked up a few that had good reviews. "Edgy Emerald", despite it's name, is a shimmery yet muted minty teal cream shadow. To see my full review, click......

The consistency of this is nice and thick. The reason I prefer thicker formula is that thicker formula usually gives better pigmentation. Thinner cream shadows tend to require more layers to obtain a semi-opaque coverage and no girl likes having an inch thick of makeup on her face.

The problem I have with this and most other Color Tattoos is though they are very pigmented when you pick them up with your finger tip, only little of that pigmentation actually transfers to your lids.  You can probably achieve good pigmentation with a very heavy hand but that's just not ideal for the delicate eye area. So I would say this is good base color for those that like to top it off with powdered eye shadow but if you are not feeling bold, it makes for a nice subtle look.
As to the 24 hour wear claim, I can't vouch for that but I did notice that as time went on (nine or ten hours into the day), it dried up on the eyes a bit and started to crease, so I personally would not wear this all day.
That's all, hope this review was helpful, have a nice day!
Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li