Thursday, August 15, 2013

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in "Beso": Review and Swatches

When I made an order from Sephora online last month, there was a promotion for a free travel sized Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in "Beso". I got it thinking oh this should be nice, I like reds. But boy was I pleasantly surprised when I tried it because I may have found my favorite red lipstick of all time! To see my review and a lip swatch, click.......

So the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick is described as a "highly pigmented liquid lipstick that's weightless on the lips and delivers long-lasting results" and the color "Beso" is described simply as a true red.
This product applies like a rich non-sticky cream. I used a lip brush to get crisper lines. The liquid lipstick sets very quickly into a matte lip color that really clings to the lips. With this product, you won't get the versatility of varying the coverage; you will get opaque coverage, nothing more and nothing less. 
"Beso" is simply stunning, it really is a true red. I feel like a vintage pin-up girl while wearing it! 
As I mentioned, the lipstick is matte, and with that comes dryness. It's not uncomfortable but it's probably not suitable for those with dry lips. You can definitely layer lip balm either above or beneath the product but that will affect the wear.
This product is almost completely transfer-proof. You can freely drink water and eat non-greasy food with no worries of it wearing off.
So all in all, this is a super hit for me, I strongly urge you to check this out at your local Sephora. They also have many other colors in the range, including a deeper red and an orange red. If not for the $20+ price tag, I would have picked up all the other shades!
So, what do you guys think? Would you rock this shade?

Share:
© 2013-2024 The Happy Sloths | Artwork by Jasmine Li